Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pretty In Pink

Pink is everywhere in October.  The color of both health and feminity, pink has been representing breast cancer since 1985, when October was designated Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Though it's not my favorite color, I'm coordinating a happy hour this month benefiting breast cancer awareness and feel like I should show my support in the brightest pink outfit I can find.  And yet, it doesn't seem right to spend money on an outfit for a fundraiser, so I may borrow something instead... wish I could borrow this.

Image via Patterson Maker

But don't worry!  If you want to shop and benefit breast cancer awareness at the same time, there are lots of options out there!  Below are some of my favorites.  Check out more options at the Glamazon Diaries and Fab Sugar.

  
If you'd rather donate directly to the cause, consider giving to the American Cancer Society via my friend Samantha, who is walking at the end of the month in support of her mother, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails